The WordPress photo challenge theme this week is Growth. When I think of recent growth in our household, my teenage pup, Limay, comes to mind. As anyone who has every raised a puppy can attest, he is not the only one who has grown in the process.
In the past year and a half, Limay has grown to understand that:
– It is impossible to catch a butterfly when you already have a stick in your mouth – believe me, he tried!
– Strollers are not the darth vaders of the park
– Squirrels are fast, but he still thinks he will get one one of these days
– The way to the heart really is through the stomach
During the same time period, I have grown to understand:
– The treats had better be good if I want to lure him away from something dead and/or particularly smelly
– Morning is the best time for cuddles
– Everything is better with toys
– There is always time for fun
What do you think? Have you raised a puppy or kitten? What lessons did you learn? Do you have any tips for people just starting this journey?
I would love to hear your thoughts! Thank you so much for reading!